Basic Principles of Intelligence
This article provides information about the Fundamental Principles of Intelligence.
In the first article of the Basic Intelligence series, I touched on basic issues such as Intelligence, the Importance of Intelligence, and the Intelligence Wheel. In this blog post, which is the 3rd article of the series, I will cover the principles of modern intelligence under the title of Basic Principles of Intelligence. I wish you good reading in advance.
Intelligence Fundamentals, Confidentiality, Speed, Accuracy etc. includes principles such as These principles are the basic building blocks that work completely in parallel with the intelligence wheel. However, it would not be very accurate to describe them only as building blocks.
Basic Principles of Intelligence
In the globalizing and constantly developing world order, we see that the initiatives and formations are increasing day by day, in the intelligence activities of today, getting out of the hands of the states and passing into the hands of multinational companies and companies that carry out regional activities in the private sector. However, in the changing world, the only thing that has changed in the field of intelligence is the loss of the sector from the hands of the states, rather than resorting to private initiatives. Developing and modernizing intelligence techniques and principles. Such principles are the major factor that distinguishes modern intelligence from conventional intelligence. I will talk about the difference between modern intelligence and traditional intelligence later, but for now let’s take a look at the basic principles of intelligence, starting with modern intelligence that gave rise to these principles.
• Principle of Privacy: Confidentiality in Intelligence. The principle of confidentiality in intelligence defends the confidentiality of data from institutions, organizations, and employees to the most unauthorized personnel, regardless of what subject and task they are involved in the intelligence process. In response to the potential for information leaks wherever people are, such a policy provides the building blocks for how data is kept secure.
• Principle of Speed: The speed principle in the intelligence process is a principle that should be applied at every stage of the intelligence wheel. This principle is of great importance in taking action against counterintelligence in the work of Countering Intelligence called IKK. It means that the process should run quickly.
• Principle of Accuracy: The principle of accuracy refers to the accuracy of the source of the data in intelligence. There is a principle of accuracy to eliminate all kinds of shady environments, from referring to trusted sources and transmitting and reporting data correctly.
• Principle of Certainty: Certainty in intelligence is a principle that has serious implications for public institutions rather than the private sector. To explain this in more detail. The certainty principle states that intelligence must be precise and clear. The principle of certainty advocates a clear stance and behavior in the face of an event. Therefore, intelligence information should be clear and precise.
• Principle of Flexibility: Another important principle in the intelligence process is the flexibility principle. This principle states that intelligence should constantly evolve. In other words, he argues that the intelligence structure in the developing and globalizing world has to adapt to developments.
• Principle of Impartiality: The principle of neutrality in intelligence is a principle that can be considered indispensable for a successful intelligence process. This principle states that in the intelligence process, data should be collected objectively by creating an analytical mindset at the stage of intelligence collection.
These principles form the foundations of modern intelligence and paved the way for the intelligence process to abandon the old methods and move from the traditional intelligence process to the modern intelligence process. However, after processing the basic principles of intelligence, we should divide it into two areas and scales. The main reason for this is that modern intelligence has to determine the target in the first place in order to reach the right conclusion.
Although I will end the Basic Intelligence Principles with this article, we will be together again in my next article, Intelligence Types by Fields and Scales.
Click here to read the fourth part of the article, Intelligence Types by Fields and Scales.
Types of Intelligence by Fields • August 1, 2022